11 april 2012

A price to pay!

When you have to leave your country because of war, maybe not having "the right" politic view and so on, you often leave your country, your home, your family, your friends, your job and your possessions in a hurry and in sadness. A sadness I CAN NOT even imagine that my parents among so many other people have to suffer through in those situations. When we were coming to Sweden obviously we could not bring so many material luggage. I was only 2,5 years old so I don't remember much. But my mother told me that she packed one big suitcase with things she were gonna pass on to me and my brother and sisters. Things that had meaning. Among all that her wedding dress, our baby memories and old antic stuff. But of course of all the luggage that bag was stolen by the time we arrived to Sweden. I mean, those were stuff that no money or new memories could replace.
When I see other peoples home, people I know, peoples blogs or something in a magazine or tv I always get stuck in their special items they have in their home that they got from their ancestors.
'This is grandmas china, daddy's chair, aunts vase' and so on! I can get kinda jealous of those things. So much history and suck unique stuff. I wish I had stuff like that. Maybe thats one of the reasons I like going to flee markets and second hands. Love it when I find one small unique old item that gives me that "special feeling"! The feeling that you have something that not every home have.
Well, the only thing I can do NOW is to take good care of our special items that I can pass on to our children. Items that hopefully is filled with happy memories and love!



Much Love, Nazanin!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar