19 april 2012

Separation?

Once upon a time a wise woman said the most incredible thing to me. She said that she is totally against methods where you force your infant to learn how to sleep alone, I curiously asked why, and then I got the most amazing answer. She said and I quote:

There are unfortunately lots of children which suffers from not getting enough effection from their parents growing up. And forcing your child to sleep alone when she/he needs effecting from a parent can leave scars for life. But there are not many children you hear suffered and had got scars for life just because they slept in mommy and daddy's bed time from time until they were 7,8 years. Those children can easily understand when the RIGHT time comes to take on their own bed.

I think that was an amazing thing to say.


When Nicole were born she slept mostly in our bed, and we LOVED it! When she started to sleep in her baby crib, she almost jumped in by here self and loved it.

It was actually more difficult for US to "let here go". Now that she have got a bigger room, new big bed, she have been soooo exited to start sleeping in her new bed. So yesterday when the last things were ready with new sheets and so on, she went and slept in her bed, and she slept there the whole night... alone, and woke up happy alone before us. We even called grandma to tell the big news. And when I asked her who's bed she is gonna sleep in tonight she said, in my OWN bed, not mommy and daddy's!

I think this is a 1000 times more sad and difficult for us than her. I'm so proud of my baby girl, and this is like the first big "separation" we have had! Proud, sad and happy mum!


Little baby is growing up.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar